World Health Day: Vitamins and How They Can Help Your Pet
Your pet’s health is important to you (and us!). There are many things you can do to support your pets' health, such as: feeding them wholesome diets, getting annual vet visits, and making sure they’re getting enough activity.
As part of World Health Day, we felt that our pets should be remembered, too! Below is a list of seven vitamins, how they can help your pet, and what some of our favorite supplements are.
7 Important Vitamins For Your Pets Diet
- Vitamin A: For dogs, Vitamin A aids in growth, development, and cell function. It is also the same vitamin found in carrots that is responsible for the great vision your parents promised. There are many eye care supplements for dogs. For cats, it is also important for vision, bone and tooth growth, and maintenance of their skin.
- Vitamin B: Vitamin B is important for both cats and dogs. For cats, B12 is required for fat and carbohydrate metabolism as well as supporting the nervous system. For dogs, B12 helps facilitating enzyme function, but B6 is responsible for red blood cell and nervous system function
- Vitamin D: For both cats and dogs, This sunshine vitamin allows your pup to balance minerals for healthy bone growth.
- Vitamin E: For cats, Vitamin E is an important antioxidant. For dogs, this vitamin is important for cell function and metabolizing fat. Dogs that are deficient can have eye and muscle degeneration and reproductive issues.
- Vitamin K: For dogs and cats, this vitamin is important for blood clotting.
- Choline: For cats, choline is essential as a neurotransmitter. For dogs, this vitamin supports healthy brain and liver function, as occasionally is used as part of an epilepsy treatment plan for pets.
- Riboflavin: For dogs, Riboflavin is similar to B12 where it helps facilitate enzyme function. For cats, it releases energy from carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
Understanding the vitamins vital to your pets health is important in choosing the supplement your pet needs in their diet to help support a healthy dog or cat! Here are some of our favorite supplement brands to help keep your fur baby happy and healthy!
For more information, visit: