Did you know that more pets run away on the 4th of July than on any other day? Anxiety and nervous behavior caused by loud noises is to thank for that. While some dogs don't flinch at loud noises caused by fireworks, others become extremely anxious. If you have a nervous dog, there are ways to ease their anxiety! The following products are available at Paw Naturals and on pawnaturals.com and can work wonders for nervous dogs. And yes, these products are 100% all-natural! While some products may knock your dog out or make her sleepy, these products have all-natural, safe ingredients and are drug-free.
- Herbsmith Calm Shen (a supplement based in ancient Chinese medicine. This blend of herbs help to maintain calmness and balance behavior.)
- Ark Naturals Happy Traveler (an herbal blend that is great for easing anxious behavior caused by car rides or any other environmental trigger. Comes in capsule or treat form.)
- Bach's Rescue Remedy Spray (a combination of 5 Bach Flower Remedies to help your pet deal with stressful situations such as going to the vet, the groomer, thunderstorms or during fireworks.)
- Comfort Zone with D.A.P. (or Adaptil® for dogs, mimics the “canine-appeasing pheromone” dogs know from birth. Available in a diffuser or spray bottle. There is a Comfort Zone for cats too!)
You can also....
- Keep your dog in an interior room or take her to an area where there are no big fireworks displays planned.
- Turn on music, television or even an air conditioning unit to help drown out loud noises.
- Give her something all-natural to chew on! This will help distract her and can help satiate the need to nervously chew on things like furniture, shoes or carpet.