Veterinary Formula Solutions Clinical Care Hot Spot & Itch Relief Medicated Conditioner for Cats & Dogs 16oz
Guarantee safe & secure checkout
Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Hot Spot & Itch Relief Conditioner is medicated to provide analgesic and anti-inflammatory relief from hot spots and other skin conditions. HOT SPOTS & IRRITATED SKIN: Pet parents must pay close attention to environmental, dietary and situational ailments irritating your pet’s skin such as: allergies, fleas, tick bites, matted/thick/dirty coats, sun burn, wet dogs, or anal sac disease. These ailments can cause you pet to chew, lick, bite, and scratch those areas – at times – to no avail, which can become very painful and dangerous for your pet. Sometimes chewing can even be prompted by boredom. Hot spots and inflammation can occur quite rapidly after a pet starts itching, biting and licking these affected areas – which will prompt the development of painful, red, and moist irritated lesions. These lesions are called hot spots, also known as acute moist dermatitis, and must be treated immediately. TIPS FOR PREVENTING HOT SPOTS:
- Groom your dog regularly and keep hair clipped short.
- Use flea & tick products recommended by your vet.
- Keep your pet active and healthy. Feed a good diet, and provide lots of exercise and play time to prevent boredom.
- Dry your pet completely after a bath, and clean and dry pet after a swim in the lake or ocean. It’s important to determine the cause of the underlying issue, thus you should consult your veterinarian if hot spots become a persistent problem. In between vet visits, Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Hot Spot & Itch Relief line provides Hydrocortisone, a corticosteroid to control itching and inflammation while Lidocaine, an OTC analgesic reduces pain. Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Hot Spot & Itch Relief Conditioner is medicated to provide analgesic and anti-inflammatory relief from hot spots and other skin conditions. Formulated with Lidocaine & Hydrocortisone to reduce itching, redness and swelling. Enriched with Wheat Germ Oil, (Omega fatty acids 3 & 6) and natural Colloidal Oatmeal to soothe, moisturize and protect skin. Allantoin helps speed healing, while Lactic Acid exfoliates skin to enhance penetration of healing & soothing ingredients. Soothes skin and leaves pet’s coat silky and shiny. For maximum relief, shampoo with Clinical Care Itch Relief Medicated Shampoo. Use Clinical Care Itch Relief Spray between baths to relieve symptoms and help speed healing. PRECAUTIONS: Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes. STORAGE: Store in the original container in a dry, cool place, and away from sunlight, at a temperature below 86°F or 30°C.
- Wheat Germ Oil: Sourced from the germ or embryo of the wheat kernel. This natural oil contains essential fats, protein, and nutrients. Wheat germ is used commonly in cooking, as well as to provide a multitude of benefits for skin and hair, as it’s easily absorbed by the epidermal layer. Wheat germ oil also contains vitamins A & D -which benefits the skin and eliminate signs of aging and wrinkles
- Lactic Acid: An Alpha-Hydroxy acid, naturally exfoliates, buffers and conditions skin
- Colloidal Oatmeal: Mild, natural moisturizer to treat or prevent dry, itchy, scaly, rough skin and minor skin irritations. Softens and moisturizes skin while decreasing itching and flaking
- Paraben-Free: Parabens have been found to mimic estrogen in the body- and when levels are disrupted, a link has developed with breast cancer & reproductive issues. All our formulas are Paraben-Free
- pH Balanced: Pet’s sensitive skin requires pH balanced treatment. Human shampoos are formulated at a lower pH (more acidic) – and should not be used on your pet
- Soap-Free: Only the gentlest, naturally derived cleansers are used in our formulas. Contains no harsh soaps or damaging detergents
- Spot–on-Safe: Will not remove topical spot-on flea & tick treatments
- Conditioner relieves skin conditions and hot spots. Common causes are weakened immune system, allergies and insect bites
- Symptoms of these conditions are itchy, swollen, redness, warm/hot to the touch, moist, bloody and sometimes pus
Purified Water, Polyquaternium-37, Cetrimonium Chloride, Colloidal Oatmeal USP, DMDM-Hydantoin, Wheat Germ Oil, Allantoin, Lactic Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance, Lidocaine HCL, Hydrocortisone. Purified Water, Polyquaternium-37 (and) Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylate /Dicaprate (and) PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Colloidal Oatmeal USP, Cetrimonium Chloride, Allantoin, Lactic Acid, Wheat Germ Oil, Preservative, Fragance, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrocortisone, Lidocaine HCI.