Digestive Enzymes Supplement Powder with Prebiotics & Probiotics
For use in Dogs and Cats over the age of 6 weeks.
Digestive Enzymes Supplement Powder with Pre & Probiotics is a concentrated enzyme blend derived from vegetable sources. Contains a source of live/viable naturally occurring microorganisms recommended to support a healthy digestive tract, and help replace natural enzymes lost in food processing.
• alpha-Amylase will help hydrolyze starch
• Protease will hydrolyze proteins
• Cellulase will break down cellulose
• Lipase can hydrolyze triglycerides
• Probiotics support healthy digestion
Ingredients: Calcium Carbonate, Maltodextrin, Fructooligosaccharides, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus niger Fermentation Solubles, Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum Fermentation Product, Papaya, Dried Bacillus coagulans Fermentation Product, Natural Flavoring, Ginger.
Guaranteed Analysis per (2) 2,090 mg Teaspoons:
*alpha-Amylase (Aspergillus oryzae) 2,320 SKBU1
*Lipase (Aspergillus niger) 210 LU2
*Cellulase (Trichoderma longibrachiatum) 75 CMCU3
*Protease (Papaya) 22,100 PU4
*Bacillus coagulans (Probiotic) 100 Million CFU
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog and Cat Food Nutrient Profiles.
(1) One SKB unit is defined as the amount of enzyme needed to form 10 mg of reducing sugars from 1% soluble starch solution at pH 5.0 and 40 °C in 30 minutes. (2) One FCC Lipase Unit (LU) is defined as that quantity of enzyme that will liberate the equivalent of one μmol of acid (H+) per minute from the substrate, under the conditions of the assay. The assay is based on a five-minute hydrolysis of an olive oil substrate at pH 6.5 and 30 °C. The fatty acids released on hydrolysis of the glycerol esters are determined by titration with sodium hydroxide. (3) One carboxymethyl cellulose unit (CMCU) is that amount of enzyme which liberates one micromole of reducing sugar (expressed as glucose equivalents) in one minute under the conditions of the assay. (4) The activity of bromelain is measured in the FCC PU; the assay of which is based on the hydrolysis of casein. This assay is based on a 60-minute proteolytic hydrolysis of a casein substrate at pH 6.0 and 40 °C. One PU (Papain Unit) is defined as that quantity of enzyme that liberates the equivalent of 1μg of tyrosine per hour under the conditions of the assay.
Feeding Directions: (Daily)
For use in dogs and cats over the age of 6 weeks. Add 1 teaspoon to each cup of dry or wet food.
Note: Use half the daily amount for the first two weeks. Give NaturVet Digestive Enzymes
Plus Pre & Probiotic at every feeding. 60 Day Supply*
*60 day supply based on 2 teaspoons per day
This product is intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding only.